Dear Parade Participants,
The Parade is lined up to be as fair as possible to all participants. If you were in the first half of the Parade last year (entry # 1 – 49), you're likely in the second half of the Parade this year (# 50 – 105). Your marching position is in no way a reflection on the importance we place on your organization! We intentionally keep many of the best entries until last! It is extremely important we end the Parade on a strong, up-beat note.
Please follow all these instructions completely. We are at MAXIMUM capacity (plus some!) for this year’s Parade so we will need your full cooperation to insure an orderly, well-paced parade.
1. Please make sure everyone in your group knows the correct time and place for staging, and leaves plenty of time for parking. Last year, we were “written up” by the city’s Special Events Team for participants not knowing where they were supposed to go. We must correct this!
2. If your entry includes vehicles or motorcycles, do not bring more vehicles or motorcycles than your registration form indicated you would have. They will not be permitted in the Parade; we just don't have the space
3. The staging area will open at 7:30 a.m. Please arrive no later than 9:15 a.m. and have your entry ready to go at 9:45 a.m. at which time we will start pre-positioning entries for a prompt 10:00 a.m. start.
4. You may not park in the staging area unless your vehicle is to be driven in the Parade. When you leave the staging area, you must not leave anything behind in the street. The streets will be reopened to traffic once you leave.
5. One person in your group must be designated as the leader. Your group must be prepared to follow the instructions of the Parade Marshals. The Parade Marshals will be wearing orange reflective vests. If your group includes children, be sure they understand the need to listen when they hear the whistle.
6. Your entry must stay 25-30 feet (3 car lengths) behind the entry in front of you. Please do NOT bunch up or allow a large gap to form in front of you. You may not stop to perform. You may not throw anything. Doing so encourages children watching the parade to come onto the parade route, which is extremely dangerous and is prohibited by our insurance.
7. If you need to withdraw from the parade for any reasons, please notify the Parade Office (282-3862) immediately. The parade is at capacity, and we currently have a waiting list of organizations wanting a spot in the parade.
Please call Roger Ehrke at 597-0103 (primary) or 660-2966 (cell) if you have questions regarding staging. If you can't reach Roger, call Diana Ceciliani at the Parade office at 282-3862.